This article explains how to trigger a lambda function on
S3 event notifications . Amazon S3 supports several event
notification types and destinations where the notifications can be
published. In this article we will be focusing on Lambda Function as an
Trigger Lambda function on S3 Object Create Events
1. Navigate to Amazon S3 console at
2. Select S3 bucket to invoke lambda functions on create
3. Click on Properties tab.
4. Scroll down to
Event notifications section.
5. Click on Create event notifications and
enter Event name.
6. Select Event types for which you want
to invoke the lambda function.
7. Scroll down to Destination section,
select Lambda Function to trigger on events and click on
Verify Lambda Invocation from s3 bucket
1. Upload any test file to the configured S3 bucket.
2. Navigate to CloudWatch.
3. Navigate to Log groups for selected
4. Validate lambda invocation with entry in